PRECIPITATION HARDENING STAINLESS STEEL BAR
AMS 5659 (UNS S15500) is a martensitic precipitation hardening stainless steel which contains 4% copper. All the same advantages of AMS 5643 are present as well as single low temperature treatment. AMS 5659 offers very good uniformity of properties with excellent traverse notch toughness and ductility. When compared with AMS 5643, the alloy displays superior forgeability and mechanical properties in large sections. Produced by the consumable electrode vacuum arc re-melted route, enhances the alloy’s toughness and ductility.
The alloy offers excellent weldability and is readily weldable by all commercial welding processes. Forming characteristics are also good.
Typical commercial applications for AMS 5659 (UNS S15500) stainless steel alloy include:
- Aircraft and missle construction, landing gear
- Valve parts, fastners, shafts and gears
- Nuclear reactor components
- Good forming characteristics
- Excellent traverse notch toughness
- Excellent weldability
- Heat treatment increases resistance to stress corrosion cracking
We stock AMS 5659 (UNS S15500) stainless steel in bar form. We welcome stock enquiries from both domestic and international customers.