FREE MACHINING BRASS ALLOY
Referred to as a basic brass containing 37% zinc, CZ108 (CW508L) is classified as an alpha brass and is a popular grade due to the material’s hot and cold working properties. The material can be machined but only at slow speed with very light feeds. CZ108 is used where severe bending properties are required. It is also known as a high purity cold forming brass.
The alloy is not suitable for use with hydrochloric, nitric and acetic acids and most ammonias. Otherwise, corrosion resistance is good to excellent.
Typical commercial applications for CZ108 (CW508L) brass alloy include:
- General copper smithing work
- Radiator tanks, heat exchangers
- Decorative components
- Good corrosion resistance
- Very good bending properties
- Cold working is excellent and can be easily drawn
- Excellent for soldering and brazing
We stock CZ108 brass alloy in bar, hexagon, flat bar, square bar and hollow bar. We welcome stock enquiries from both domestic and international customers.