COMMERCIAL ALUMINIUM ALLOY
Known as an alloy which offers exceptional performance characteristics in the most extreme environments, 5083 aluminium alloy benefits from superior corrosion resistance in industrial, chemical and seawater environments. It has the highest strength of all non-heat treatable alloys. The material also retains excellent strength after welding. 5083 should not be used in temperatures above 65°C.
Typical commercial applications for 5083 aluminium alloy include:
- Pressure vessels, shipbuilding
- Vehicle bodies, tipper trucks, mine skips and cages
- Rail cars
- Excellent extreme environment performance
- Exceptional strength after welding
- Highest strength of all non-heat treatable alloys
We stock 5083 aluminium in sheet and plate. We welcome stock enquiries from both domestic and international customers.