HIGH STRENGTH ALUMINIUM ALLOY
Alloy 2024 is a material which is specified for use in the aerospace and military sector in aero structures, wing tension members and fuselage applications. This is primarily due to the material’s good fatigue resistance. Alloy 2024 continues to maintain its strength due to improved fracture toughness and fatigue crack growth. This material is available in the annealed state in T3,T4 and T8 tempers. The material offers good machinability.
Corrosion resistance to atmospheric attack is poor.
Typical commercial applications for 2024 aluminium alloy include:
- Wing tension members
- Critical aircraft structures
- Aircraft fuselage, commercial & military aircraft
- Excellent toughess at moderately high strength levels
- Good strength, good fatigue resistance
- Improved fracture toughness
We stock 2024 aluminium in sheet and plate. We welcome stock enquiries from both domestic and international customers.