UNALLOYED ALUMINIUM SHEET
1050A H14 is known as an unalloyed (often referred to as ‘pure’) rolled aluminium sheet which is non-heat treatable. The material is supplied as a sheet metal product and is designed for general engineering use in applications where high quality mechanical properties are considered unnecessary. 1050A was previously known as S1B under the old British Standard specification with the half-hard temper known as H4, resulting in the designation S1B H4. 1050A is recognised Internationally as grade EN AW 1050A H14 – a 99.5% pure aluminium sheet strain hardened to the half hard temper. We supply 1050A aluminium alloy sheets to meet both national and international standards.
The alloy offers very good corrosion resistance – the unalloyed aluminium can be utilised successfully in normal, industrial and marine environments. Where aluminium sheet is specifically going to be used in marine environments, consideration should be given to other alloyed aluminium grades which may have better suitability - a good example is 5251 (NS4).
Typical commercial applications for 1050A H14 aluminium alloy include:
- General sheet metal work
- Packaging, cabinets and appliances
- Boiler making and heat transfer devices
- Chemical and pharmaceutical industry
- Automotive components
- Architectural applications
- Good surface finish with good anodising qualities
- Very good welding characteristics
- Capable of cold forming
- Can supplied in imperial and metric sizes to close tolerances
- Can be processed economically
- Can be supplied with a protective vinyl coating
We stock 1050A H14 in sheet form. We welcome stock enquiries from both domestic and international customers.